M. Warner Losh wrote:

In message: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Divacky Roman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
: Hi,
: : If I want to add some files into kernel sources, what am I supposed to do to
: them compile? I added some into sys/net80211/ but they dont compile...
: : I tried sys/conf/files but it does help, just prints a message about having it
: defined before...

Exact error messages would be helpful.

Generally, you put them in sys/conf/files, re-run config and life is
good.

if you want to add these files without editing /sys/conf/files you can add them to /sys/conf//files.{YOURCONFIG}
e.g. we backported the firewire to an older kernel and have a proprietary driver as well..

our files.VICOR looks like:

%cat files.VICOR
xdcpdrvr.o                      optional        xdcp                    \
       dependency      "$S/dev/xdcp/xdcpdrvr.o.uu"                     \
       compile-with    "uudecode < $S/dev/xdcp/xdcpdrvr.o.uu"          \
       no-implicit-rule
dev/firewire/firewire.c optional firewire
dev/firewire/fwcrom.c   optional firewire
dev/firewire/fwdev.c    optional firewire
dev/firewire/fwmem.c    optional firewire
dev/firewire/fwohci.c   optional firewire
dev/firewire/fwohci_pci.c       optional firewire pci
dev/firewire/if_fwe.c   optional fwe
dev/firewire/sbp.c      optional sbp

without looking at the source to config, it seems to use teh entry on the 'ident' line to
look for these files..

Warner