Hey all, I'm trying to create an inventory script for systems that will be loaded via net-boot. I was wondering if there was any useful way to obtain the serial number of devices like the hard drives, processor, and/or motherboard. (as far as I can guess, those are the only things likely to store a serial number in a machine-readable format).

I'm scripting in perl, but of course have nothing against making system calls to get at the low-level stuff.

Please email me, as I'm not subscribed.

-Dan

--

<Belldandy> ha. you have not met me.
<BaldDwarf> ha. but i have sene pictures

-Undernet #reboot, October 2nd, 2000, 3AM