Sam Hopkins wrote:
They look nice, but hideously expensive for anything I could use them in :(
Compared to other solutions, or just based on your wallet?  We'd like to think
we've priced them competitively.
Being this a FreeBSD list, I guess one could achieve similar function with a rack mountable PC case which can hold 15 SATA disks, an ATX motherboard with a dual GE interface and geom_gate.

Of course this works only with FreeBSD, but Linux has its own implementation for this task (nbd).

Don't know if it's cheaper or not...

These boxes are cool indeed. :)

--
Attila Nagy                                   e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Free Services Network (FSN.HU)           phone @work: +361 371 3536