Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
Not working 'unload' command is because of bug in GEOM. Now, to avoid
deadlock you get an error (ENXIO), but mirror will be destroyed.
The next 'unload' should be ok. To avoid those errors, you should first
stop all mirrors (unsing 'stop' command) and then unload kernel module.

I thought unload did a stop before.

BTW. There is no 'reload' command.

I know, I meant redoing the load command.

+> Indeed, the -h option is what I wanted and the "bug" is in the +> manual. What would happen if I change the disc ID in this case?

Your disk will not be detected as a mirror component, because hardcoded
name is different.

Oops. Is there a check for that? For example, let's say that ad0s1 got renamed to ad1s1, and hardcoded a reference to ad0s1. In this case, there is a disk called ad0s1 in the system. Is gmirror smart enough in this case?

+> sigesc::root jcmendes [553] disklabel mirror/vol0
+> # /dev/mirror/vol0:
+> 8 partitions:
+> # size offset fstype [fsize bsize bps/cpg]
+> a: 16498864 16 unused 0 0
+> c: 16498880 0 unused 0 0 # "raw" part, +> don't edit
+> sigesc::root jcmendes [554]
+> +> Seems good until now. Except for the offset 16 of the "a" partition. +> Is this necessary? The man page says that the only sector reserved +> for metadata is the provider's last one.

Ehh, "blame" disklabel(8). First 16 sectors are reserved for boot code.

And why this does not happen with ad0s1, etc?