> When CPU is waiting on some new data, he cannot preform any other
> operation, and freezes data manipultion; that's why I'm looking for a new
> way to in/output the soft...
You may want to look at select(2) and poll(2).  Those allow you to
check whether input is available on a given file descriptor without
having to block if it isn't.

> I've found out in syscall.master the aio_read/write call. Man page says
> operation is asynchronous, so it returns quite immediatly after enqueuing
> the io thread. Could that be a solution ?
Yes, but it sounds a little like overkill for what you're talking
about.

> Or back to kernel module (by the way: is it possible to write on in
> assembly) ?
Yes, absolutely, but it's quite an unusual thing to do.  It'd be far
more common to write most of the module in C with a few little bits of
assembly in really critical parts.

Steven.