> > Using 3.x binaries is discouraged due to security issues found in > > libc of FreeBSD 3.x. However, it's possible to run most FreeBSD > > 3.x binaries if you remove FORBIDDEN= line from ports/misc/compat3x, > > while this is not recommended since it can pose you to security > > vulnerabilities.

  > Would you please tell us what the application is?
  >I should add that only a certain 3.x binaries are affected, however,
  >it's still not so reasonable to run binaries that have not been
  touched
  >for so long time...
  >
  >Cheers,
  >--
  >Xin LI <delphij frontfree net> http://www.delphij.net/
  >See complete headers for GPG key and other information.
  >
  ><< attach3 >>

  It is PureMessage Anti-Virus & Anti-Spam (Sophos) application. Knew
  that you also doing the same on a research for Anti-Spam, not sure
  whether you have heard this product before? Perhaps I should make
  myself clear about my current problem so you will have the picture.

  Problem as following:

  1.During the installation -> Booting for freebsd v4.8 on i386 from
  CD-ROM -> Reach "Kernel Configuration Menu" -> select option 2 "Start
  kernel configuration in full-screen visual mode"

  2.  Reach "The Kernel Device Configuration Visual Interface" -> Press
  "Q [Save and Exit]"

  3. Reach "Sysinstall Main Menu" -> select "Standard [Begin a standard
  installation]

  4. Creating Slices Using FDisk -> "Problem: Hard Disk cannot detected"

I'm running on SATA mode. Supposingly I will need to configure my Driver on "The Kernel Device Configuration Visual Interface". Not sure the setting for SATA mode and whether 4.8 is supported?

  HW spec:
  Intel Xeron 2.8 G
  Seagate ST380013AS HDD
  Tiger i7501R S2735-8M motherboard

  Search the Internet from any Web page with [1]MSN Toolbar.