On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 01:39:07 -0800, John-Mark Gurney
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You can also look at unix(4) which has a brief description..  You must
> use unix domain sockets in order to pass file descriptors, and so the
> unp probably refers to UNix Protocol...  but I could be wrong about
> that...
>
> --
>  John-Mark Gurney                              Voice: +1 415 225 5579
I always thought the unp_ prefix referred to Unix Network Programming
(http://www.kohala.com/start/unpv12e.html) since most sample code
given in the book had the prefix. But I may be wrong here :)

--
"Without the userland, the kernel is useless."
               --inspired by The Tao of Programming