Danny Braniss wrote:

well, i guess all is ok, since im not getting much feedback :-)
anyways, this is my new problem:
o- the target accepts the login, but does not supply a valid device, usually
  because some admin. problem. I would like to be able to report the problem
  to the initiator and I need some clues. The cam will, if successful
  create /dev/da*, on failure nothing, so Q: how can this be found out
  without getting into the actual SCSI transactions?

Is there a target mode implementation of this for FreeBSD yet?

speakin for myself, at the moment im trying to get the initiator working, and up to speed, after that
i might try and tackle the target, but though there is alot of symmetry, there is
much more administrativia involved.

I'd help you test, but I have no iscsi targets to test against :)

Eirc