Tim Kientzle wrote:
Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:

Tim Kientzle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

With cheap DVD players down to about $50, just buy another
player and set it to Region 2.

Uhm, why would you rather have two players locked to different regions
than a single unlocked player?

I wouldn't "rather", but I think it might be simpler. I also seem to recall hearing about discs whose region-coding was done in such a way that they would not play on unlocked players.

Mostly, it just occurred to me that falling DVD player
prices make the whole "region code" concept rather
silly.  (Movie-industry paranoia backfires again? ;-)

I would rather have the ability to create clean disks, rather than have to try ti fix the dvd players of any friends I loan a dvd to.

BTW, I found my mail problem, I switched from using courier-imap to dovecot for may imap server, because the permission-access for courier was too complicated, but I forgot to turn off the rc.d file, so I had battling imaps. Very wierd results, which is why it took me so long to figure it out, and I let it get out of hand.

Tim