Hello,

I'd like to do some research on framebuffer GUIs (without Xorg) in
FreeBSD. My background is C/C++ programming, Win32 and a bit of xlib. I've
read the developer handbook but it didn't seem to have enough information
for me. Can you please point me to more information about framebuffer
development for FreeBSD (if any exists), or about how I can start doing a
video driver for example? I have no idea if this should be done in kernel or
userland, and if in userland, what must I do to have access to video
hardware.

Thank you very much for the attention.
Cesar