Le Vendredi 10 juin 2005 à 18:48 -0600, Braulio José Solano Rojas a
écrit :
> Hello.
>
> I have installed FreeBSD 5.4 on a ASUS S5200N.  Runs very nice!
>
> However I still need to install Wifi.  I saw that Intel(R) PRO/Wireless
> 2200BG is not supported by wlan FreeBSD driver (reading through the man
> pages).  Then I found that I could use the NDIS driver added on FreeBSD
> 5.3 to achieve Wireless Networking.

        This chipset is supported by iwi(4) driver, but it hasn't been
        MFC'ed to RELENG_5.

        Here [1] is a port I'm planning to commit that installs the
        needed firmware and optionally (you seem to need it though) a
        kernel module to support your card.

        I can't test it by myself, so I'd be glad you test it for me.

        It has a rcNG script, if you just put iwi_enable="YES" it will
        try to set iwi0 in bss mode. Just put if_iwi_enable="YES" in
        /boot/loader.conf so that it works at boot time. See pkg-message
        for more information.

        Note: It needs latest modifications I just committed to
        net/ipw-firmware.

        Note2: Sorry, it has nothing to do with ndis(4).

        [1] http://www.xbsd.org/~flz/ports/iwi-firmware.shar

--
Florent Thoumie
[EMAIL PROTECTED]