[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote this message on Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 12:29 -0500:
> This has the result of reducing the size of the shell code, and reducing

Unless you cross a fs frag (usually 1024 bytes), i.e. reduce the scripts
by an average of 512bytes *per* script, you will see no disk space savings
from these changes...  considering that on my 5.4-R system over half
(73 of 124) are under a frag in size, it isn't that much...

One thing that would be really useful for rc.d system is a way to cache
the ordering on boot...  On a slow system like a 200mhz arm, the rc
ordering can take a long while....

--
  John-Mark Gurney                              Voice: +1 415 225 5579