On Sat, 6 Aug 2005, Minh Tran wrote:

Would anyone have some hints on the clean way of injecting some code to deal
with SYN packets
or could you give me some ideas on which files i should look at? I really
appreciate that.
I saw some promising files in src/sys/netinet but they are not all clear in my
mind.

Thanks heaps!

I don't have any idea what you are asking, so I can't answer your question.

Before proceeding, it would probably be worth your while to find a copy of Stevens's TCP/IP Illustrated Volume 2 and at least skim it so that you have a better idea of how the connection establishment process works. The book describes an earlier version of the BSD TCP/IP stack, but much still applies.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack