On 2005-09-06 19:27, Igor Shmukler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Perhaps, I do not get it or maybe you are do not getting my point.
>
> There are times when resolving would not be possible or a name returned is
> not necessarily the one used when file was first accessed. We have discussed
> it here and everyone agreed on that. The hardlinks or files unlinked while
> vnode is still open are corner cases. The unlink is a bit more difficult to
> deal with, but hardlinks are probably not a big issue. As long as we can get
> A name, we may not even need to know THE name.

Why does it make sense to get name A in the following scenario then?

        user 1 creates file A
        user 1 hardlinks this to B
        user 1 gets the "real name" of A
        user 2 deletes file A
        user 2 creates a new file called A
        user 1 tries to access A and gets something unexpected

Corner cases and their handling *is* important.  Find another way to do
whatever it is you're thinking you can do with "the real name of a vnode".