В сообщении от Воскресенье 18 Сентябрь 2005 22:10 eoghan написал(a):
> Hello
> Im pretty new the freeBSD. Im working with 5.3. Each time I start up
> the computer I have to go to /usr/sbin/sysintall and configure it to
> use my network. I plugged directly in and Im not sure why I have to
> set this up each time.
> Also, when I go to configure -> networking -> interfaces it shows my
> network card (3COM) but gives an error about not finding the
> dhcpclient (but it still works). Wondering if theres a way to make it
> save my changes? Or is the issue related to the dhcp client?
> Thanks
> Eoghan

You should write all the stuff to /etc/rc.conf (see man rc.conf for that), but
in my opinion if you actually did /stand/sysinstall many times, your rc.conf
"got cancer" if i can say so, because it writes the changes all the time in
rc.conf not deleting previous. You should just write once something like:

ifconfig_xl0="inet <your_ip> netmask <your netmask>"'
defaultrouter="<your gateway>"

and write down to the /etc/resolve.conf:

nameserver <your ISP's DNS>

or simply write down to /etc/rc.conf:
ifconfig_xl0="DHCP"