In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Jason Thorpe
writes:

>FWIW, I think a devfs based on our new tmpfs would be better for NetBSD.

I was under the impression that each i-node in tmpfs consumed a fair
amount of space, making it a bad match for things like /dev which have
very many i-nodes but no actual files.  (Well, I've seen glitches on
ancient systems where /dev/null got turned into a regular file, leading
to amusing messages about "/dev/null: no space left on device"...)