On 10/28/05 10:52 M. Warner Losh said the following:
libc_r will block all other threads in the application while an ioctl
executes.  libpthread and libthr won't.  I've had several bugs at work

so if the userland thread does an ioctl, and the the driver goes to tsleep() when the ioctl is received, all other threads are also blocked from executing, i.e wont be context switched to run ?

is this behaviour only 4.x specific or is it also there in 5.x ?

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                (0 0)    http://www.alphaque.com/