Vitaliy Ovsyannikov wrote this message on Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 17:41 +0700:
>   I've stuck with the unable to make watchdogs for daemons running via
> startup rc-scripts. In linux we can just put the process in the
> inittab. Does FreeBSD contains ability like this?

yes, you can use ttys(5) for this...  You will get an extra argument
or two... but a wrapper script can handle that for you...  Though you
need to have the daemon run in foreground mode, so that when it dies
init knows it did, and restarts it...

--
  John-Mark Gurney                              Voice: +1 415 225 5579