[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I tried to use kldload to load our HBA driver. But the driver's pci probe
function can not find the HBA card!

By this do you mean that when you have the card in the system, FreeBSD booted and you kldload the driver, you don't see kernel messages showing the appropriate attach messages? Is anything printed?

> Does it mean that kldload can not
trigger pci bus rescan? If so, what should I do for triggering pci bus
rescan after loading our pci driver?

As Daniel and Warner already stated, the PCI rescan is automatic. This is more likely an identification or driver mismatch problem. Please provide the following:

- The exact make and model of the HBA card.
- The exact version of FreeBSD you're using.
- Which driver you're trying to use.

This information will allow us to nail down possible reasons why the attach is not occuring.