John Baldwin wrote:

On Tuesday 02 May 2006 07:36 am, Alex Zbyslaw wrote:
Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
On 2006-05-01 14:02, John Baldwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
How about the patch below.  It restores the behavior of the beep

only happening for invalid input by axeing the BSD/OS partition
type from the lookup table.
Much better, since this is the behavior we initially had, as you
explained.

Thanks :)
Seconded!  Thanks,

Does it work? :-)

I downloaded the latest boot0.s from cvs, applied you patch and put it on all three disks in this box.

On my tests it worked beautifully. Beeped when I selected a non-existent partition and didn't beep when I selected a legitimate one, or just let it time out to the default. (I tried both FreeBSD and WinXP/NTFS partitions for booting and auto-boot). I can't confirm what boot0sio does as I don't have anything set up with a serial console.

You'll probably want some more confirmations, but I'd say this was the bees knees.

--Alex