IN static device_method_t pci_methods[] = {
what is the freeBSD's magic to connect pci_read_config_method    wtih
PCI_READ_CONFIG? awk script?and so on?
which
DEVMETHOD(pci_read_config,      pci_read_config_method), in pci.c
command = PCI_READ_CONFIG(dev, child, PCIR_COMMAND, 2); in
pci_enable_io_method in pci.c

and what if i create a new method in pci method interface ?
such as   DEVMETHOD(pci_have_rest ,     pci_have_rest_method)
what else should i do when i want to use PCI_HAVE_REST(dev ) point to
pci_have_rest_method

On 5/23/06, Scott Long <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
william wallace wrote:

[...]

> MSI:
> I've bantered around different suggestions for an API that will support
> this.  The basic thing that a driver needs from this is to know
> exactly how many message interrupt vectors are available to it.  It
> can't just register vectors and handlers blindly since the purpose of
> MSI is to assign special meanings to each vector and allow the driver to
> handle each one in specifically.

[...]

I just wanted to briefly say that an MSI implementation has been done
recently, and that it should start getting wider circulation and review
soon.  That's not to say that more work and design can't be done in this
area, but we should probably wait a bit and see what has been done
already.

Scott

--
we who r about to die,salute u!