Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
Roland Dittel wrote:
Hi all,

We have a issue with dlsym() on symbols imported by a library that was loaded with dlopen(). Our code loads the libssl with dlopen() and then do a dlsym() on several symbols. This works for all symbols exported by libssl itself but fails for symbols exported by libcrypto. Libssl is dynamically linked to libcrypto and should be loaded for libssl. I did a truss and the FreeBSD loader loads libcrypto but does not read anything from the file pointer.

could you post a sample code fragment which illustrates the problem you are seeing?

Sure, attached is a simple example that tries to load the symbol CRYPTO_set_id_callback from a libssl handle. The symbol is located in libcrypto and NOT in libssl. Because libssl is dynamically linked to libcrypto I would expect the loader is able to find the symbol, but that's not the case on freebsd.

cheers
 simon