In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Mario Lobo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> typed:
> Hi;
>
> My  /usr/ports directory was occuping 24 gigs, of which 20 was just from the
> 'work' directories !
>
> Removing them one by one was a pain so I wrote this little utility to wipe
> them off.

Setting WORDIRPREFIX in /etc/make.conf will cause all the 'work'
directories to be put in that directory. While cleaning them up wasn't
my reason for doing that (I shared /usr/ports across several
platforms), it sures makes cleaing up the work directories easy.

Ditto for DISTDIR, if you want to clean up distfiles.

        <mike
--
Mike Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>          http://www.mired.org/consulting.html