Hello,

I would like to unsubscribe myself from all freebsd mailing lists. I have
sent an unsubscribe to freebsd-hackers-unsubscribe, but did not get any
response to verify. Since the admin is on the mailing list, I would
appreciate if you can delete my name and/or email me the procedure to
follow.

thanks
-kamal

writes:

>>But there is one problem, that has been overlooked, and that is High
speed
>>isochronous transfers, which are not supported by the existing USB
system. I
>>don't think that the EHCI specification was designed for scatter and
gather,
>>when you consider this:
>>
>>8 transfers of 0xC00 bytes has to fit on 7 pages. If this is going to
work,
>>and I am right, one page has to contain two transfers. (see page 43 of
>>ehci-r10.pdf)
>>

>I haven't looked into the details, but the text in section 3.3.3
>seems to suggest that EHCI is designed to not require physically
>contiguous allocations here either, so the same approach of using
>bus_dmamap_load() should work:
>
>  This data structure requires the associated data buffer to be
>  contiguous (relative to virtual memory), but allows the physical
>  memory pages to be non-contiguous. Seven page pointers are provided
>  to support the expression of 8 isochronous transfers. The seven
>  pointers allow for 3 (transactions) * 1024 (maximum packet size)
>  * 8 (transaction records) (24576 bytes) to be moved with this
>  data structure, regardless of the alignment offset of the first
>  page.

yes, as long as the beffers are contiguous in some virtual space then
the maximum number of pages they
can need is 7.
(they actually fit into 6 but they may start part way through the first
page and may therefore overflow into a 7th).