2006/12/24, Duane Whitty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
On Sat, Dec 23, 2006 at 02:24:10PM +0100, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Quoting "Attilio Rao" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (Fri, 22 Dec 2006 23:25:53 +0100):
>
> > 2006/12/22, Robert Watson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > > On Thu, 21 Dec 2006, Attilio Rao wrote:
>
> [explanation]
>
> Could someone of you make a copy and paste of and a little bit of gluing
> the parts together somewhere? Maybe in the wiki?

One of the reasons for my initial mail is that I would like
to help with the Architecture Handbook.  That is where I would
like to put the content of this thread as well as other emails
I have been reading/saving regarding locking/threads/scheduling.

This would be a great idea. A 'locking manual' chapter would be a very
nice thing (and we could add a section on 'prefered strategies' into
the kernel, a sort of 'how do proper locking' showing some real
cases).

I think that the better person to review the work would be jhb@ but I
don't know his current level of busy-ness :P.
I hope to see something in this direction, ASAP.

Attilio