Markus Boelter wrote:
Hi!

Apart from wondering how you're getting the motherboard to get past
POST without RAM, I'm wondering how you'd get the bootloader and

[...]

The guys at Linux/OpenBIOS did some Cache-as-RAM stuff. Maybe you can also put (burn) the kernel directly into the BIOS chip and bott with that kernel. This is just an idea out of my head - nothing tested and no research done in this field. :-)

A modern CPU with 4Mb of cache and no ram has more ram than my first system.
If you wanted to you might be able to get FreeBSD 1.1 up in such an
environment. (Just no DMA capability, so no floppies).

Cheers
  Markus