Ed Schouten wrote:
Hello,

It may be interesting to mention that yesterday there was a presentation
at the NLUUG (Netherlands UNIX Users Group) conference by Marco Zec, who
once wrote a patchset for FreeBSD 4.11 (and is in the process of porting
it to FreeBSD 7.x) that gives each jail its own networking stack.

You can hook up physical interfaces to jails or perform bridging between
jails through netgraph bridging code. That way you can create virtual
network topologies on a single box. This will allow you to use multiple
IPv4 and IPv6 addresses on each instance. You can even use (I)PF(W)
inside jails.

I'm working on a "light" variant of multi-IPv[46] per jail.  It doesn't
create an entirely new network instance per jail and probably is more
suitable for low- to mid-end (virtual) hosting.  In those cases you
normally want the host administrator to excercise full control over
IP address and firewall configuration of the individual jails.  For
high-end stuff where you offer jail based virtual machines or network
and routing simulations Marco's work is more appropriate.

--
Andre

More information about this can be found at:

        http://www.tel.fer.hr/zec/vimage/
        http://imunes.net/

Yours,