the problem is not related to the cf reader, the cf reader is working with windows
my real problem is the sata  controller VT8237A  not  seen by freebsd

I have the same sata problem even when the cf reader is disconnecter

thanks

til now,  I tried several linux / bsd
            freebsd 6.2-stable crash
            freebsd 7-current crash (the last snapshot I found on ftp)
            netbsd crash
            openbsd not tested
             debian 4 works but I dont like linux :(

--