Xin LI wrote:
While maintaining some third party contributed software packages I ran into a problem where, say, if I remove a file from the vendor branch (the file was never dragged off the vendor branch), it does not appear in Attic.

But it appears as deleted?  That's interesting then.  How is that possible?
Can you share the RCS file?

Is there a way to move it into Attic (presumably this would give better checkout speed for -HEAD)?

Do you think that CVS is so clever to check the Attic only for branches other
than HEAD?  I didn't think so, but, hey, who knows.

cheers
 simon