On Aug 30, 2007, at 9:57 PM, Pietro Cerutti wrote:

Doug Barton wrote:
On Thu, 30 Aug 2007, Pietro Cerutti wrote:

I don't want my OS to treat me like a stupid.

These changes were made because of the long history of user help
requests from people who aren't as smart as you who shot themselves in the foot. If you don't need the protection, so much the better for you.
We've given you the code, do what you will with it.

I'm filling a bug report to add a similar "feature" to /bin/rm when
called with the -f switch....

Just joking..

mailing lists readers like I am aren't interested in your complaint about feeling stupid. get rid of it with your psychatrist or by ignoring warnings obvious to you. but, please, stop posting to inappropriate lists or useless questions. (refering to you other recent post on -questions)

Matthieu