Quoting Fabio Checconi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (from Thu, 11 Oct 2007 13:48:28 +0200):

From: Ulf Lilleengen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, Oct 11, 2007 10:07:34AM +0200

On tor, okt 11, 2007 at 04:20:01 +0200, Fabio Checconi wrote:

>     o What can be an interface for disk schedulers?
I think the interface developed in [1] is a pretty good one actually. I think
the disksort-routines looked as a good place to do this. Even there it might
not know enough about the hardware.

>     o How to deal with devices that handle multiple request per time?
This is an example of the problems you get doing this in GEOM. You don't have
very good knowledge of the hardware.

One can't pass this info from the lower layers up into GEOM (maybe by adding some attribute querying interface in GEOM if it doesn't exist)?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
The naked truth of it is, I have no shirt.
                -- William Shakespeare, "Love's Labour's Lost"