John Baldwin writes:
 > need this.  If you used a regular old static C++ singleton on 6.x instead of
 > trying to be cute and call atexit() directly you would be fine.  I've no
 > idea
 > if Linux treats atexit() special.

Just to make it clear: it is not me trying to be cute but the Firebird
folks. I'm just trying to use their client library in a dlopen()ed
module, and I was investigating whether something can be done from the
FreeBSD end. I've also forwarded Alexander's reply to the Firebird
folks for consideration.

regards,
Markus

--