Yuri wrote:
I am curious is there an effort in FreeBSD similar to Linux NDISwrapper?

NDISwrapper taked Windows XP binary driver and runs it on Linux.
http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/joomla/
They add the converter between Linux kernel API and the subset of
Windows kernel API sufficient to run binary driver.

I Believe the linux wrapper concept was copied from the freebsd one
which was originally called "Project Evil"

I know that few USB Webcams are supported in the similar way on FreeBSD
recompiling Linux source drivers. Also Mplayer is using similar
approach wrapping around Windows-only binary codecs.

But is these such thing for network cards on FreeBSD?

Yuri