Jeremy Chadwick escreveu:
On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 11:28:39PM -0300, Adriano dos Santos Fernandes wrote:
I want to make versioned symbols as they work in Linux, but I had no success with FreeBSD.

This seems quite relevant, specific to RELENG_7.  (Said feature isn't
available in earlier releases):
Thanks Jeremy...

My usage for versioned symbols would be to have multiple shared libraries implementing the same entrypoints...

For dlopen'ed libraries, I suppose there is no problem with unversioned symbols, correct?

But I want a kind of Windows DLL semantics... If my app dynamic loads lib1 and lib2, that implements the same functions and latter it loads lib3, a different library linked against lib2 (-l2).

I want that calls from lib3 always go to lib2. Are versioned symbols the only way to achieve that or there is another way?

Thanks,

Adriano