Hi Guys

I have a problem with a perl script running out of memory. From my googling I have found that perl itself does not seem to impose any memory limits, and I have check ulimit and login.conf for any userclass limitations but found nothing that seems to be limiting my memory.

I have 128MBytes of RAM and a 2Gbyte swap partition.

I am currently running
FreeBSD albert 6.2-STABLE FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE #11: Sun Sep 2 00:45:05 EST 2007 which I guess isn't exactly the latest... but the same thing happens on my REL7.0 Box

The process (imapsync in this case) runs out of ram at pretty much 512MB. I read on a forum that BSD 6 imposes such a limit of 512MB per process, but i have found no where to tune this, or even see what it is.

I have also read that there are two sysctl namely, kern.maxdsiz and kern.maxssiz, that can tune memory allocation but what happend to them in Freebsd 6.

Your help is appreciated
Adrian