I want to use getrusage to see how much time a program is using. But this is a multithreaded program, and I just want the time taken by that particular thread!

I know this info must be available somewhere, because top -H seems to provide it. But getrusage seems to give the total rusage for the whole program, not just the thread.

Any ideas? I would especially appreciate a portable solution that works for OS other than FreeBSD (e.g. linux, etc as well).

I tried "apropos thread | grep usage".