Marcin Wisnicki wrote, On 31.7.2008 15:23:
On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 23:50:13 +0200, Václav Haisman wrote:

Václav Haisman wrote, On 30.7.2008 20:40:
Hi,
I have some problem with locales on FreeBSD 6.3. The attached test case
fails with uncaught std::runtime_error exception:
[...]
I am able to run the test case successfuly when I compile it with
STLport. So it seems there is something odd going on with just the
libstdc++ that ships with GCC. On the other hand, it works fine with GCC
4.1.2 on Gentoo/Linux.

Yes it is somewhat known problem that libstdc++ on FreeBSD does not support locales. I've seen some discussions about this in the past on freebsd lists. You can try searching archives, but AFAIR there was no solution except hints how to implement it.

This is like...ugh!...totally unexpected. C locales seem to work and so do STLport's so I thought it was just some sort misconfiguration. (I had rebuilt the world more than once in past.)

I have found some posts in -stable about it. It seems like it would be quite a lot of work to implement it, both, either implementing the required POSIX functionality or implementing it atop the existing. Sounds like nice GSoC task for somebody with more zeal than I have.

--
VH