On Thu, 7 Aug 2008, Chuck Robey wrote:

I have my head lost in a code problem.  I just hit a point where I need to do a
read from an fd, but I need to associate it with a timeout, on the order of 1
second, something like that.  I had the feeling that there's a function in
FreeBSD's libc that makes that simple, but I forget the function name.  If
anyone can remember something like what I'm talking about, I sure would
appreciate a function name.  I can figure out how it works, if I could only
dredge up that name.

man 2 select

--

Nate Eldredge