On Wed, 13 Aug 2008, Kostik Belousov wrote:

Then, the issue of mixing our reboot(2)/linux fcntl(2) is irrelevant.
The original reporter said that system "just rebooted", and I believe
that filesystems where not synced and not unmounted properly. Our
reboot(2) does not have flag combination that could cause such
behaviour, I think.

You are right, file systems were not unmounted, and I doubt that they were synced either. They had to be fscked when the system came back up.

Also, I doubt that the program being run is statically linked or
run by root. Confirmation ?

I did not run it as root.  Sorry, I should have said that before.

It is a little hard to trace their maze of shell scripts to figure out which binary was being run, but if I am looking at the right one, it is dynamically linked and branded SVR4. I will make sure later today.

Overall, this looks like a nasty bug, hopefully in the linuxolator.

Indeed.

--

Nate Eldredge
[EMAIL PROTECTED]