On Sep 25, 2008, at 8:45 AM, John Baldwin wrote:
It's probably the one just before the NDINIT (note that the return address in the call stack is pointing to the next instruction to be executed after the call to VOP_UNLOCK(), so sometimes it can end up referring to the next line
in the source code from the actual function call):

Seems like we're six or seven lines of source down, not on the next line, which was the source of my confusion. But if you're not confused, I won't be. :)

Can you 'p *mp'? I'm curious if mp->mnt_vnodecovered is NULL (in which case,
why didn't the two tests in the if() fail?)

Apparently I can't; we're stuck with DDB since we can't get a crash dump and the serial console goes to a hardware terminal server. I'm afraid I'm not quite clever enough to find the right data structure without symbols.

I could try to throw a printf in there, or add a panic if mp- >mt_vnodecovered is NULL, if you think that would help. The printf will probably significantly alter timings, so I might need some guidance as far as what to print, and under what conditions.

Thanks,
Jeff