Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED] (from Thu, 2 Oct 2008 05:05:12 -0400):

To All,

I finally have a working CS5536 audio driver for FreeBSD 6.2. The filename is snd_amd5536.ko and I will be making it available shortly. I have been using an ALIX-1C motherboard for my testing. Anyone have other hardware that they want to test it on?

Another question. How does one get the FreeBSD people to put this driver into their OS?

You have to generate a patch for 8-current and send it to [EMAIL PROTECTED] for review. There may be some improvement suggestions or bug reports then. Fix the issues and generate a new patch. When there are no issues anymore, send a PR (problem report) with your patch. If you are lucky, a committer will take care of the PR (or he may already approach you before you send the PR).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
It has long been an axiom of mine that the
little things are infinitely the most important.