Hello Hackers and Porters,
I'm currently working on a proposal to the FreeBSD foundation to use Python Nose as a testing framework for writing tests. If there are any individuals who are experienced and interested helping review and provide insight into my plans for using nose as a testing framework / backend, it would be extremely helpful. By completing this work, we could finally settle on a single regression and unit testing framework for writing future testcases, which would in turn reduce the required overhead on the release team during releases, which may reduce ports freeze periods, also reduce development time while increasing productivity within the FreeBSD community for new feature and regression testing in the of the entire system and the ports / packages we provide to the community.
Thanks,
-Garrett