On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 09:43:44PM +0100, Ed Schouten wrote:
> * Aleksandr Litvinov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > You  can receive a little information about KLD from the book
> > "designing BSD rootkits".
>
> I don't own this book myself, but a colleague at Snow B.V. once showed
> it to me. I only looked through it a couple of minutes, but it seemed
> like a book nice to have. It also shows some techniques on how to hide
> KLD's.
I have this book. It shows some techniques, but it doesn't explain many
things. And for KLD loading it gives only easy examples without
explaining how KLD-Loader works.
It's not absolutely necessary to bye this book. There are some papers,
which explain the topics of the book very well:

1. Fun and Games with FreeBSD Kernel Modules
http://www.r4k.net/mod/fbsdfun.html

2. Attacking FreeBSD with Kernel Modules:
http://packetstormsecurity.org/papers/unix/bsdkern.htm

--
Alexej Sokolov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>