On Nov 27, 2008, at 1:44 PM, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:

I wouldn't use a sysinstall script.

Set up a file system (say /nfsroot) on an NFS server in your lab.

Just in case anyone needs a real step-by-step guide to getting a diskless PXE/NFS boot going, I wrote this up a little while ago.

http://sigsegv.org/wiki/How_to_do_a_PXE_netboot_install_of_FreeBSD

The existing documentation was either a bit out of date, glossed over some of it or just flat out didn't work for me. Takes an existing running system, clones it into /nfsroot, enables dhcpd/tftpd/nfsd, and relies on rc.diskless to make the magic happen after boot.