Quoting Bruce Cran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (from Sun, 30 Nov 2008 10:31:56 -0800):

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 09:12:26 -0500
Eitan Adler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Bruce Cran wrote:
<snip>
> The version of ee in FreeBSD is fairly old: the latest from
> http://mahon.cwx.net/ is 1.4.6.
How difficult would it be to bring it up to date?  How come it has not
been updated so far?

I'd guess it hasn't been updated because it works as it is and nobody
has taken an interest in bringing it up to date.  I don't know how many
patches have been applied locally to it but that would be the main
challenge in importing a newer version: you'd have to go through the
FreeBSD CVS history and check that any changes/fixes that were made to
FreeBSD's version are either already included in the new release or
ensure that those changes get re-applied to the new version.

It _may_ be more easy to find out which version is in our source tree, and make a diff between the original vendor version and what we have. Depending on the amount of changes there, this is faster than to real all the version control logs to determine if there's a difference or not. In the end you have to read some logs too, but only those, which change lines which a different from those of the vendor version (e.g. via the annotated view at cvsweb.freebsd.org).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
In this vale