Hi, thanks. I think for now I can work around this although it would be nice to have this implemented.

Regards,

Arjan

On Dec 2, 2008, at 11:13 PM, Ed Schouten wrote:

Hello Arjan,

* Arjan van der Velde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
While trying to get a linux binary running on FreeBSD I encountered the
following problem during serial port I/O.

Dec  1 22:22:34 soekris kernel: linux: pid 7239 (linuxbinary): ioctl
fd=0, cmd=0x5409 ('T',9) is not implemented

0x5409  turns out to be TCSBRK, which is not implemented (yet?). Can
anyone give me some clues where / how to start implementing this? It
seems like the linux way of handling it is to call tcdrain(), but I'm
not sure as to how this translates to the FreeBSD compat layer.

I think you could just make it call TIOCDRAIN directly. Unfortunately
that's not correct if the argument is 0, because then we have to call
TIOCSBRK and TIOCCBRK with a 250 msec interval. I guess adding some kind
of printf() there should be good enough for now.

I can't look into it right now, because I have to get up at 6:15
tomorrow. Sorry! :-/

--
Ed Schouten <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
WWW: http://80386.nl/