Garrett Cooper schrieb:
    Ok, I just installworld'ed, recompiled the program with the
following modifications, and I still get segfaults. And the question
of the night is: why amd64 on a VERY recent CURRENT?
    I'm going to try the same app on an amd64 freebsd VMware instance
with RELENG_7.
    Remember: just because a bunch of other people aren't reporting
issues with CURRENT/amd64 doesn't mean that it isn't environmental,
related to my hardware or compile options ;).
Cheers,
-Garrett

#include <errno.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <sys/stat.h>

int
main()
{

        struct stat sb;

        int o_errno;

        if (stat("/some/file/that/doesn't/exist", &sb) != 0) {
                o_errno = errno;
                printf("Errno: %d\n", errno);
                printf("%s\n", strerror(o_errno));
        }

        return 0;

}

#include <errno.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <sys/stat.h>

int
main()
{

        struct stat sb;

        int o_errno;

        if (stat("/some/file/that/doesn't/exist", &sb) != 0) {
                o_errno = errno;
                printf("Errno: %d\n", errno);
                printf("%s\n", strerror(o_errno));
        }

        return 0;

}

[gcoo...@optimus ~]$ gcc -o badfile badfile.c
[gcoo...@optimus ~]$ ./badfile
Errno: 2
Segmentation fault: 11 (core dumped)
[gcoo...@optimus ~]$

Well, compile with -g, start in gdb, check what value is wrong, the usual stuff. Probably the return value of strerror() is interesting.