Sorry if this sounds like s tupid suggestion, but have you thought
   abou= t doing an user-space
   prototype first? It's usually much easier to deve= lop and modify.
   Then after the features get
   worked out, move it into the= kernel.
   -SB
   Mar 21, 2009 07:51:18 AM, [1]gabriele.mod= e...@gmail.com wrote:

     Hello,
     I am an AI master student at the university of = Amsterdam.
     On of my current research interests lays in the area of i     nformation
     retrieval and I would like to do a project
     within my Unive= rsity research group starting next june.
     I am actually studying back= ground literature about semantic
     filesystem
     and information retrieval ov= er local files.
     Being also quite interested in kernel development, I= would like to
     propose a proof of concept that implements such technique= s.
     My goal, though, would not be just a reimplementation of existing
     = code, but possibly some more extensive work
     that combines techniques alr= eady used in other domains of II.
     Could this be an interesting Summe= r of Code proposal for the
     FreeBSD Foundation?
     I plan to write down = some notes/ideas (and details) I have on a
     wiki
     starting from next week.     Regards.