Shaowei Wang (wsw) wrote:

try -L zh_CN.euc .
zh_CN.euc doesn't exist, I tried zh_CN.eucCN instead. Didn't work.
I tried all zh_CN* and zh_TW* ones from /usr/share/locale/ -- none of them worked.
Nut the garbage displayed by 'ls' changes depending on the one used.

Windows file system use a different way to encode i18n chars, like code page.

There is a hacked version of msdosfs which can support UTF-8 locale.
 http://groups.google.com/group/btload/web/msdosfs.tar.bz2
and for using:
mount_msdosfs -L zh_CN.UTF-8 /dev/ad?s? /path/to/mount

I've tried it and it's work.

http://groups.google.com/group/btload/web/msdosfs.tar.bz2 doesn't exist.

Somehow in Windows the disk is read correctly without specifying any additional options.
So I guess this is a serious defect that msdosfs driver can't do the same.

Yuri