Julian Elischer schrieb:
Christoph Mallon wrote:
K&R code should be changed as part of related changes if possible.
A sweep to change a whole file is probably also ok.
changing them one at a time is probably not ok.

But this is what actually is practiced.
You still did not answer my question: Do you agree to remove the clause so no new old style declarations may be added?

I think a new clause should be added specifying what should happen
and replacing the old clause.

This is not sensible. style(9) says right at the start that it "[...] specifies the preferred style for kernel source files [...]". The preferred style would be to use ANSI function declarations - what else is there to say? There is no point in adding more when less is sufficient.